Choosing the right health insurance policy and health cover is an important choice as it gives you a sense of security by offering prompt medical help in case of an emergency. However, there are many individuals who purchasethe insurance policy as per their agents’ recommendation and don’t even bother about to know their personal requirements. Rather than doing so, here are five tips to keep in mind.
- Get Proper Regulated and impartial advice.– When considering Medical Insurance, it’s essential to get proper advice. Speak to a whole of market intermediary who can tell you the pitfalls and cover options available to you. Make sure you always compare insurance cover; find several examples to help you choose the best policy,regardless of whether or not youremployer offers you a health cover. There are times when your company decides to withdraw the insurance cover that is not fit for you oryou quit the job in such cases your personal health cover may benefit you.
- Choose The Right Amount Of Sum Insured – If you are living in a small city, choose your cover according that whereas if you live in a metropolitan city, your health insurance cover should be higher.
- Buy A Health Insurance Cover As Early As Possible – Do this before you reach 40’s. This is because, you are less likely to make claims in early stages of life and can later reap the benefits of no claim bonus and add up to the original coverage every claim-free year.
- Purchase A Cover That Offers Lifetime Renewability – This way you will have a health cover at the older age.It is possible only if your policy offers lifetime renewability.
- Always Purchase A Health Cover Through A Reputed Agent – For this, you can take help of online sites to select a health plan/cover or examine features but only buy it through areputed agent or company who can help you with the immediate claim settlement or offer simple claim settlement techniques.